Currently reading:
How much would you pay for a universal flush valve that enables replacements in under 5 minutes?

Discuss How much would you pay for a universal flush valve that enables replacements in under 5 minutes? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

How much more would you pay for a flush valve (drop valve) that was completely universal and enabled you to replace a flush valve in under 5 minutes.

Fluidmaster already sell one that you can change in under a minute also something isn’t totally universally drop in

So what’s your product?

Fluidmaster already sell one that you can change in under a minute also something isn’t totally universally
So what’s your product?

The Fluidmaster flapper can't be fitted without removing the cistern?
It's a drop valve (flush valve), thats universal and can be fitted in under 5 minutes, without the need to remove the cistern.
Fluidmaster already sell one that you can change in under a minute also something isn’t totally

So what’s your prodThe Fluidmaster flapper can't be fitted without removing the cistern?
It's a drop valve (flush valve), thats universal and can be fitted in under 5 minutes, without the need to remove the cistern.

The Fluidmaster flapper can't be fitted without removing the cistern?

Yes because once you have the base fitted at the time of the toilet install the flapper is just clip on

I’m guessing yours attaches with glue / sticky pads ?

Yes because once you have the base fitted at the time of the toilet install the flapper is just clip on

I’m guessing yours attaches with glue / sticky pads ?
So this is a retro fit. The idea is thst you can carry one valve in your van and always be able to replace the flush valve, whichever is currently installed and needing to be replaced. Any flush vskve can be swapped in minutes if you have the like for like, but that's the issue isn’t it, you can't carry 80 different valves or diaphragms.
No, I wouldn't consider using anything like this, it's got to have a mechanical fixing hasn't it.

So this is a retro fit. The idea is thst you can carry one valve in your van and always be able to replace the flush valve, whichever is currently installed and needing to be replaced. Any flush vskve can be swapped in minutes if you have the like for like, but that's the issue isn’t it, you can't carry 80 different valves or diaphragms.
No, I wouldn't consider using anything like this, it's got to have a mechanical fixing hasn't it.

So how do you tighten said mechanical fixing when it’s on the bottom of the cistern under the donut washer / holding the cistern onto the pan ?

So how do you tighten said mechanical fixing when it’s on the bottom of the cistern under the donut washer / holding the cistern onto the pan ?
Well, that's the innovative part that enables you to achieve exactly that. It'll be in the market in the coming weeks do i can share how this is achievedwith you very soon. So that being said, do you have any thoughts on what you think that would be worth on top of a standard installation flush valve?
I appreciate your opinion.

There's no way a replacement valve can be completely universal in replacing the thousands of different makes / types produced over the last 400 + years.
Not forgetting they've been made of lead, cast iron, brass and plastic. (and possibly other materials)

And no way the majority could be replaced without the use of tools and some skills.

You will need to qualify the description otherwise you'll have hundreds of returns when it comes to market.

The price will depend on the quality of design and manufacture and proven reliability.

I'll be eagerly awaiting the arrival of this valve and will be looking forward to buying, fitting and testing one.

There's no way a replacement valve can be completely universal in replacing the thousands of different makes / types produced over the last 400 + years.
Not forgetting they've been made of lead, cast iron, brass and plastic. (and possibly other materials)

And no way the majority could be replaced without the use of tools and some skills.

You will need to qualify the description otherwise you'll have hundreds of returns when it comes to market.

The price will depend on the quality of design and manufacture and proven reliability.

I'll be eagerly awaiting the arrival of this valve and will be looking forward to buying, fitting and testing one.
Thanks for your reply. That's a fair comment, it's only a universal flush valve (drop valve), so it's only intended to replace other drop valves, the ones we've been installing since 1999. I'll be sure to keep you posted on its release and where to buy it.

Assuming all of your points on pricing, quality, manufacture and reliability where as you expect of them, and that it enables much faster replacement time, what would be your thoughts on the price in regards to the poll?

Reply to How much would you pay for a universal flush valve that enables replacements in under 5 minutes? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Replies
Views
ShowerSmellProblems
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock