Currently reading:
I was sold wrong sized filters, big deal or not?

Discuss I was sold wrong sized filters, big deal or not? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. I recently ordered two separate water filtration systems (the cartridge type) from a local plumbing company. For both installs the pipe size is 3/4". For one of the systems they sent me 1" inlet filters, so I'll need to add a 3/4" to 1" adapter. And for the other install they sent me 1/2" inlet filters, so I'll have to add a 3/4" to 1/2" reducer.

I had ordered only 3/4" filters but this company insists that going from 3/4" pipe to 1" filter or from 3/4" pipe to 1/2" filter is pretty much the same and that I won't notice the difference, but I am not a professional plumber so I'd appreciate a second opinion! Should I return these filters and get them in 3/4" or it really doesn't make a big difference?

Many thanks 🙏

Personally I wouldn’t mind going up to a 1” but would not want to go down to 1/2” as the filter will block quicker and restrict flow.
I’d be taking them back and asking for what i had ordered and paid for.

Reply to I was sold wrong sized filters, big deal or not? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock