Discuss Installing new gas appliance in rented house. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
A I correct in saying that when you install a new gas appliance in a rented house. There is no need to write out a CP12 and test all the other gas appliances in the house. Thanks.

A I correct in saying that when you install a new gas appliance in a rented house. There is no need to write out a CP12 and test all the other gas appliances in the house. Thanks.

Yes. You dont need a CP12 for new stuff. Technically, when the CP2 is due, if the new appliance is less than 12 months, it does not need tested. But that would be daft, as it would be due before the rest.

As soon as you turn the gas off technically you are responsible and should carry out a minimum of a visual check of all other gas appliances.

what if you dont turn the gas off?

Reply to Installing new gas appliance in rented house. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello, We live in an 18 year old town house on three floors and have lived here from new. We changed the downstairs cloakroom and the family...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Just looking for a bit of advice really. last week we had our carbon monoxide alarm go off upstairs. We have 2 alarms in the house...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock