Currently reading:
Is my charge reasonable?

Discuss Is my charge reasonable? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Four visits - one visit to diagnose problem as pressure switch or maybe fan, second visit to fit new pressure switch (fix failed within 2 days), third visit , fan declared fine now possible PCB error, 4th fitted replacement PCB

Charge time 10 hours at £45 per hour - is this reasonable ? Parts were extra.

Four visits - one visit to diagnose problem as pressure switch or maybe fan, second visit to fit new pressure switch (fix failed within 2 days), third visit , fan declared fine now possible PCB error, 4th fitted replacement PCB

Edit- due to repeat information :p:p:p

well the usual questions ...where do you live ? £45 per hour is really not enough...central london £125.00 plus vat per hour,

its really the wrong price per hour ....not enough to get a competant engineer in my opinion..others might correct me...Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Probably fair from the engineer's point of view, but depends whether the fault was one that was truly hard to diagnose or whether part of the tab is essentially a training cost. 'Was this a difficult repair or was he just a bit slow to pinpoint the cause?' may be the question.

Sometimes I find I'm taking longer than I expected because a job is hard (chargeable), and sometimes I find I'm taking longer because I've tackled the job arse-about-face (not chargeable).

It’s a difficult one.

Sometimes it only takes an hour for an experienced engineer to diagnose. May take another engineer 3-4 (plus some parts) to get to the bottom of it.

Cheap, doesn’t always work out cheap.
Some ,'engineers' just throw new parts at boilers until it works again....proper people as you say dignose fault find and fix ...bg are prime at this because what they dont use just goes back...normal outfits cannot do this ..I know
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Makes me chortle as i took my car to a garage got charged 90 labour plus another 110 for the part. I managed to drive to the garage the part was delivered i knew the fault and it took 20 mins to fit. Just paid it and went on my way, thought 200 was ok to get car working.
Now considering we goto the fault charge first hour , then have to pick up the part if its in then we have to go through the suppliers system to find it another hour. Drive back and fit it, and quite often the part is not in which costs more time.
Anything less than 100 labour doing boilers then whats the point

Makes me chortle as i took my car to a garage got charged 90 labour plus another 110 for the part. I managed to drive to the garage the part was delivered i knew the fault and it took 20 mins to fit. Just paid it and went on my way, thought 200 was ok to get car working.
Now considering we goto the fault charge first hour , then have to pick up the part if its in then we have to go through the suppliers system to find it another hour. Drive back and fit it, and quite often the part is not in which costs more time.
Anything less than 100 labour doing boilers then whats the point
What was the OP charged for labour?

Reply to Is my charge reasonable? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock