Currently reading:
kitchen fitters

Discuss kitchen fitters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
got a call yesterday from a customer i fitted a new vaillant divertor valve for about six months ago shes got no hot water and shes been tyold by the kitchen fitter whose working there she needs a new boiler
so i get there open a tap theres a little spurt of water then it stops fist thing im thinking is a stopcock reversed cant see one obvious so go to the boiler and close the inlet valve open the union and theres still mains pressure there so now i know the boilers being fed backwards
the kitchen fitter turns up and he has already had a heating engineer there the day before whose told him the boiler is scaled up and it s nothing to do with him charged him £110 for 30 mins told him the heat exchanger was blocked
pipe work is a bit of a maze in this place so i ask him if there were any tees behind the units at first he says no
anyway after some heated discussion i convince him to remove a unit so we can see the pipework low and behold theres the main direct to the hot and the hot connected to the main
quick swop over of the pipework and all running again i told him i would put it in wrtting if he wanted to claim it back of the other company but he said he couldnt be bothered
how do these companies keep getting work?

I had the same thing. We fitted a Valiant for a customer in one of her rented properties and got a call three months later to say it wasn't working anymore. Popped down and low and behold a new kitchen had been fitted and a cupboard built around the boiler. Asked if the kitchen fitter had messed with the pipes, she says 'No' so I told her to call Valiant out. They come and low and behold, H&C had been reversed.

Amateurs!

The kitchen fitter probably did the plumbing himself, then got someone to have a look when it wouldnt work.

I hate ths crap workmanship just mark the pipes with mini sharpy ffs problem sorted its not hard is it :smoking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to kitchen fitters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock