Discuss Loft location at a higher point than soil vent in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

DavidLoft

Hi there

I have an existing soil stack on the side of my house. I have extended the house by building a loft.

The loft company ran the waste from the loft over the roof straight into (i.e. closing off) what was the soil pipe - and added an AAV at loft level.

However now I am reroofing and need to move the soil pipe.

Can I convert the main waste back to open vented and run my loft into it as a branch connection EVEN THOUGH the loft itself is higher than the soil pipe vent opening height?

The branch would have the necessary slope and I would be be compliant with 900cm rule.

Reply to Loft location at a higher point than soil vent in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
The soil pipe from my bathroom passes through the outside wall and into the roofspace above the adjacent single storey kitchen before dropping...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an old toilet on the top floor (to be removed) which empties into an outdoor vertical SVP and into the ground. The pipe is...
Replies
Views
H
Hi all I am just after a bit of advice. I'm buying a new house with a downstairs bathroom. I can not see a vent pipe on the outside of the...
Replies
Views
I currently undertake a plethora of jobs for a client and they have states that they have an unpleasant smell emanating from their bedroom. On...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock