Currently reading:
Looking for plumber London NW2

Discuss Looking for plumber London NW2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Looking for a plumber to install a tank and pump to overcome low supply issue. I have been recommended to use the DAB system on this forum. I understand that this would be a day's job. Please let me know if anyone is interested. I need to get this sorted this week if possible but happy to wait till next week for the right person. More details below.

Flat is on the 3rd floor of a building
  • Issue: No water supply during peak times of the day (usually mornings) for 20-30mins
  • Thames Water has checked and says that they are legally responsible only for guaranteeing 1 bar pressure at the property. The reading taken at the time of visit showed 2.2 bars outside the building
  • The building has a narrow pipe of 15mm delivering water to our flat
  • Water pressure measured at my flat during non-peak hours was <1bar (0.9bar)
  • TW and Building management do not want to spend money to resolve this so I am looking for a solution that makes my flat independent of the supply issues
  • The flat next to ours and below ours have a pump and tank system so its doesnt affect them so the management wants us to resolve it internally
  • Our Flat has a megaflow boiler with a vented cylinder. This megaflow was installed when we bought the flat 7 years ago and has not been an issue. However, I understand that megaflo is not recommended where supply can be low.
  • We have two bathrooms in our flat
  • I discovered that there is a cold water tank that used to be connected by the previous owners but has been disconnected since the megaflo was connected 7 years ago. I understand that this is old and likely small (200l) so I am not looking to reuse this.
  • I have spoken to a few plumbers and I have been recommended two solutions:
1) https://www.completepumpsupplies.co.uk/dab-e-sybox-and-tank
This works with a megaflo from what I understand
2) Remove the vented cylinder (and thus loose the megaflo system) and get a regular cylinder and pump

I am not an expert so am open to any other solution that would resolve this issues. Space is not a problem but weight may be.

Last edited:

Reply to Looking for plumber London NW2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock