Discuss 'Loose' ceramic valves in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I've replaced the ceramic valves on my kitchen tap, but the new valves are freer turning than the old, and the levers move down from a partial open position under their own weight. I've not had this before - is it duff new valves?

New valves can stiffen up after a week or two of use. (There is sometimes excess silicone grease that gets between the plates during assembly that gets displaced with use.)

If not, the body of the new valves may be slightly shorter than the originals. This would mean the sealing ring is not correctly compressed and there is not enough force holding the ceramic discs together and hence not enough friction to stop the lever dropping under its own weight.

Reply to 'Loose' ceramic valves in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a kitchen mixer tap with quarter turn levers and the cold side started dripping. I took out the ceramic valve and replaced it with one from...
Replies
Views
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in...
Replies
Views
I have recently bought my own house and decided to redo the kitchen. There was a radiator in the room already but I wanted to move it. I extended...
Replies
Views
I need to replace 4 ÂĽ turn ceramic valves for a second hand kitchen tap set - two taps. The current ones are dripping. These are marked X17C, and...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back