Currently reading:
Lumbered with a combi pump!

Discuss Lumbered with a combi pump! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan_the_plumber

Gas Engineer
Hello all.

ok so I've messed up. Got called to repair a Vaillant EcoMax 613/2E. After careful electrical analysis, looking at the manual and a fair bit of common sense. I decided to replace the pump.

the pump cost me £130.00! Anyway I fitted it for all of 5mins and guess what, the fault wasn't with the pump, boo!

well anyway I later replaced the diverted valve which did the trick. I also found that the programmer had an intimitant fault which was given me bazar readings and was part of the reason why I went for the wrong component to replace in the first place.

Anyway I took the pump back to the supplier and they wouldn't except it back from me. It had a tiny bit of water in it and I had used the fibre washers...Doh!

im now stuck with this pump and would like to make some money back on it. I just wondered if anyone has a solution for me? Has this unfortunate situation befallen any of you in the past?

Im also wondering, if I were to bush up the 3/4 threaded unions could this pump be used as an everyday central heating pump?

Pump model: grundfos VP5/2 ZE. P/N: 59866538

thank you..... Dan :)

Very rare I change a full pump. I carry grundfos ups2 heads and a couple of pump bodies. Four 4mm allen screws and off pops the head.

Very rare I change a full pump. I carry grundfos ups2 heads and a couple of pump bodies. Four 4mm allen screws and off pops the head.
Oh I see. Yeah so I could just keep it as a spare on the van and off load it next time it's needed.
I wasn't sure if the heads would be compatible. Not a total disaster for me then :)

I totaly agree with you there but some vaillant pump blocks have been re-designed so you have to the whole pump I had it a few times this year

I totaly agree with you there but some vaillant pump blocks have been re-designed so you have to the whole pump I had it a few times this year
Yeah had it on an 831 ecotec plus R1 monday, not a 10 min job as I thought, turned into the best part of an hour
Still at least all the O rings and fibre washers came with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lumbered with a combi pump! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock