Discuss My timer has recently started to tick louder than before? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leewalsh

I noticed last night that I could really hear my timer ticking louder than normal, any ideas?
Thanks

Well obviously that ear syringe treatment you had yesterday worked !!

lol-045.gif

Just probably getting old and worn,bit like me,drag yourself into the 21st centry and go digital,then the light from the display can keep you up all night
lol-029.png
imho

Last edited by a moderator:
as puddle has said it is simply wear and tear, the decision to change will be based simply on how much the ticking bugs you, the clock will work perfectly well

When mine started ticking I removed it and replaced it with a switch. The boiler was about 25 years old. I thought I'll replace it when the bolier starts playing up. 12 years later the boiler started plating up and I had a digital fitted with new boiler.

The old quartz controls usually start becoming more noisy just before they pack up.

My ancient Horstmann 424 GEM has started to tick very loudly - it seemed to happen after we turned the electricity off to do some unrelated work. Could the two be connected? Presumably, having read the other entries here, the only option is to get a new box?

When cutting the power you have disturbed the mechanism that is probably about to break down sooner than later.
It's like it's telling you I'm old and decrepit and my joints are all seized up.

souds like the old central heating system is about to blow....call in bruce willis!!!!

souds like the old central heating system is about to blow....call in bruce willis!!!!
Or the A team, theres a bloke on this forum with a bag of spare parts for a Potterton Lynx iam sure between them they could make somthing cool to get the better of the bad guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My timer has recently started to tick louder than before? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I’m having a problem with my Baxi combi boiler and wondering if anyone is able to help. In short, the water isn't heating. A few months...
Replies
Views
Afternoon! I seem to have an issue with my central heating staying on. As its winter, we have it set on a timer. The first couple of cold days...
Replies
Views
Two years ago, I requested a fully qualified plumber to change the location of the hot water cylinder in a vented central heating system. I...
Replies
Views
I have had no heating for over 4 weeks. Radiators stopped working one at a time, working back towards the boiler. I had noticed it was really...
Replies
Views
Our CH system is controlled by a Honeywell ST1501 7-day timer, part of the system when we moved in back in 2014. The house was built in 1997 so I...
Replies
Views
Back