Discuss Newbie. How can I fit this basin waste to the trap. The trap is only slightly lower than the sink in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

The Waste is slightly higher than the trap, I've been advised to use the flexi fitting but it leaks and doesn't look strong enough especially as water remains in the pipe. I would call a plumber, but I know its a simple solution.. for someone! I'm a total newbie so advice would be great!
16140351118078541604304078280910.jpg

Also the trap is not steady it moves. is there a way to connect it to the wall?

Wtf is that mess needs ripping out and starting again from the chrome waste pipe sticking out of the floor

You can’t have a double trap also your existing trap has an extendable riser if not you should be able to buy an extension

slacken the knurled ring at the top of the bottle (hidden behing the white flexi tube in your photo) and see if you can pull up the riser enough to fit it to the waste. If not, as Shaun says, you can replace the riser with something like this:

Reply to Newbie. How can I fit this basin waste to the trap. The trap is only slightly lower than the sink in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got this reducer FloPlast Overflow Waste Reducer White 32mm -...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would appreciate any help on the below please. Can I install a reversed P-trap in a run of pipe from my sink to raise pipe? I have an...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm hoping someone might have some unique ideas for me. The Issue We live in a house built in the 1600s. The plumbing has obviously...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which...
Replies
Views
Back