Currently reading:
Oil condensing boiler- Burner Lockout Problem

Discuss Oil condensing boiler- Burner Lockout Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Widdzy

Hi gents,

ive had a problem for sometime now with an oil condensing boiler suffering from "burner lockout"

I' ve just had the boiler serviced, cleaned and checked out and took the precautions to replace some of the suspect parts.

Oil filter was replaced
burner nozzle was replaced
Solenoid was replaced.

With almost 18 months since its last service, the boiler was in exceptional condition, with combustion checks/ CO2 levels at identical readouts as before.

The pressure at the burner was constant and satisfactory with no evidence of air in the fuel line.

there was adequate supply of oil at the filter from the tiger loop situated between the tank and the boiler.

The burner lockout problem is intermittent and has not been corrected after todays service and im now at a bit of a loss as to why the lockout occurs. The flame detection eye has been cleaned and probe replaced.

The lockout tends to happen once the boiler has reached operating temps and several firings have occured. It rarely cuts out at first firing in the morning. When i press the reset on the burner controller, the fan starts and the firing sequence begins. If i dont hear the click of the solenoid then i know its not gonna fire up. I often have to wait until the system has cooled before i know a reset of the lockout condition will actually work.

Any thoughts on the source of the problem would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Widdzy

Who serviced it?

Get the engineer back and stop playing with things you know nothing about. Its not just gas appliances that can kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil condensing boiler- Burner Lockout Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock