Currently reading:
Removing Pillar Tap and faucet

Discuss Removing Pillar Tap and faucet in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

V

Vixulation

Hi all,

I'm completely inexperienced at this, but my kitchen taps are ancient, and the water has started dripping. Rather than just change the washer, I want to change the entire thing to a mixer tap that supports two holes. I think I've figured most of it out except for the part where I actually remove the old faucet. Most websites show them held in place with a mounting nut which mine doesn't have.

I'm not sure, but does it look like a basin wrench would be the tool to remove mine? Unfortunately, it's hard to get a proper view. I've had to rely on using my phone's camera to get a good look.

Pics here: TAP - https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhjuQhi1en-LhbArNk82JdWLRRQukQ?e=zpIPmh

Hello,

I’m not sure what you mean by mounting nut, unless you mean a different type of tap? Yours is held in by means of a backnut, usually an anti-rotation washer and sometimes a top hat (which you don’t have, might have been substituted with the timber?). Yes a basin wrench should fit, but they’re several types, a spring loaded type and a crow foot being another, either should works for what you have.

Reply to Removing Pillar Tap and faucet in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back