Discuss Replace testo 327-1 or have it calibrated? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After around 18 months my business swayed more towards bathroom installs and I got stuck doing them for years. Now I'm fed up of them I re sat my exams, re registered with gas safe but need to calibrate my analyser. I haven't had a quote yet but seems you get charged more for a calibration depending on how many it's missed. With mine looking like 4/5 missed will the cost be worth it or should I look at a replacement?

£142 ish so not bad
Thanks for the reply, if you look towards the bottom on the page though it says analysers not regularly serviced may not be eligible for a fixed price. This is where my dilemma comes in. £140 is fine, £190 for the 3rd service is also fine but if I'm going to get charged a combination of the 2, then I may be better off looking at a replacement.

Thanks for the reply, if you look towards the bottom on the page though it says analysers not regularly serviced may not be eligible for a fixed price. This is where my dilemma comes in. £140 is fine, £190 for the 3rd service is also fine but if I'm going to get charged a combination of the 2, then I may be better off looking at a replacement.

Ask them I can’t see why you would get charged two service costs should only be £190 at worst case eg cells etc

Go the sob story with them. Covid, no work, mortgage, money issues, cost of living rising and see how you go.
If they want to Service it for a fixed amount, let them do it, if not let them know you will bin it, give them negative reviews and purchase a new one - obviously a different brand.

See how you go.

They are a good piece of equipment, so maybe worth keeping it

Reply to Replace testo 327-1 or have it calibrated? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock