Discuss Rerouting soil stack away from house, eg over roof of new extension. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys, few years off doing the work but I like to plan.

Can a soil stack be rerouting away from the house, over an extension roof? Reason to avoid internal stack from ceiling to floor.

Quickest 30second sketch attached.

I'd presume any horizontal would have to have the appropriate fall, new underground drains required etc.
What isn't clearly shown is the stack would have a vertical drop before extending away from the house, and most of the inlets to stack are at various points along the wall.

I hope that makes sense....

Attachments

• 20240328_172454.JPG
    20240328_172454.JPG
    960.6 KB · Views: 21
Yes it’s doable but I suspect it wouldn’t be cheap and depending on which way your joists / rafters run might need some structural work doing

Reply to Rerouting soil stack away from house, eg over roof of new extension. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm wondering if this is allowed or will work in the UK. We currently have all our waste water connecting to a single vented stack. The pipes...
Replies
Views
Morning all, as always can never find an exact existing thread / discussion where I don't feel like I'm making one too many assumptions. Can I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm due to start building a new side extension on a 3 bed semi, it's across the driveway up to the boundary. We're adding a downstairs...
Replies
Views
Morning All, Just after some advice as I have been asked to plumb in a sink and washing machine waste for a new kitchenette. The other side of the...
Replies
Views
Not long bought a house with a second story loft conversion to dorma which contains an en-suite. Toilet in en-suite has a flex waste pipe from...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back