Discuss Soil pipe base - solution acceptable? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

duckson

Had a collapsed/cracked collar on the 90deg angled piece that my soil pipe sits in which is leaking water so has needed replacing.

Access has been through the outside wall to inside as the soil pipe is internal and boxed in.

Now I was expecting the plumber to fit a ‘rest bend’ but a 90 degree piece has been fitted instead, there is also no concrete under it seemingly or anything for it to sit on/support it if that is required.

I will speak to him (I’ve been in the office all day) but is this going to be problem and is it usually a MUST fitting a rest bend such as?

I'm concerned that with a more abrupt 90 deg at the bottom of the soil pipe it may cause blockages (110mm has been used to no issues with size)....

TIA for any help.

Reply to Soil pipe base - solution acceptable? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi An idiot Bathroom fitter has cut down a soil pipe and fitted an AAV valve, then placed a built in bathroom cabinet with the soil pipe in the...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you...
Replies
Views
Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi folks, Attached photo of Marley 95 degree branch. Could anyone in the know let me know if the collar at the bottom where it enters the...
Replies
Views
This is a follow-up to my earlier post Fitting a cistern (with frame) into a stud wall (100mm) (follow-up) and also to this post Can i connect...
Replies
Views
Back