Currently reading:
Switch off Alpha weather prod sensor.

Discuss Switch off Alpha weather prod sensor. in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Alpha weather prod I wish to install. Can you put an on off switch in between the sensor pod and Alpha boiler. If yes what type of switch do I need. Thankyou

The weather compensation probe contains a negative temperature coefficient (NTC) resistor (or known as 'thermistor') from the symbol used in one of the schematics. It probanly measures a few thousand ohms at room temperature.
The installation instructions seem to suggest that just connecting it to the appropriate terminals (10 & 11) means weather compensation then works. If that is really true (needs checking) it implies that just putting a single pole switch in series with the sensor will "switch it off".
But I would have thought the boiler would need to be told to use weather comp. That's not mentioned in the installation instructions I was looking at: https://www.alpha-innovation.co.uk/...obe for Alpha InTec range of boilers 0113.pdf

Reply to Switch off Alpha weather prod sensor. in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Back