Currently reading:
Telford tempest cylinder fault?

Discuss Telford tempest cylinder fault? in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

lupieloo

Gas Engineer
Hi

I have a Telford tempest unvented cylinder and I'm finding that when the hot water is on and I turn it off on the programmer the TPRV opens and let's the hot water out. Only stops running when it cools down again.

What I find strange is that it only happens if I turn the programmer off. If I have the immersion heater on all day it doesn't happen. I thought it would be the TPRV but surely this would open if the immersion heater was on aswell and was faulty?

Any ideas?

1. These cylinders need an annual service. Has this been done?
2. If the programmer is part of the indirect (heating coil boiler driven) circuit, I would suspect a problem with the motorised control valve, particularly if a three port valve has been used alone, rather than the cylinder having a dedicated 2 port.
3. The immersion heater may not be raising the temperature high enough to trigger the TPRV.
4. You need a G3 qualified technician to investigate and rectify. The cylinders are NOT DIY.

Reply to Telford tempest cylinder fault? in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Back