Currently reading:
Timer on Baxi Solo 2 50PF

Discuss Timer on Baxi Solo 2 50PF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zhuzhu584

Hi there,

I just moved in to the new home. It has Baxi SOLO 2 50 PF boiler. Boiler is downstairs, timer is upstairs with a water storage tank.
As far as im aware I have set the timer for the hot water to come on at 4:30 am and switch off at 8:00 am and then on at 4:30pm off8:00pm.
Central heating timer is similar on 5:30am off 8:00 am on 4:30pm off 9:00 pm. The timer has 4 options - Off, Timed, Once and ON. So I select it to be on Timed option for both water and heating.
The following problem appears to be with the boiler - it wouldnt turn off after the set time, e.g. heating just stays on all the time. I chechekd the timer setting aseveral times and it is definately set at the above mentioned times. So can anyone explain to me why the boiler is staying on allt the time and what can be done to fix this?

thanks

Hi,

Im bringing this subject up again as maybe someone can suggest any solutions for this?
Boiler was working fine for a few weeks and BG engeneer came and serviced it and it was ok. Untill a few days ago had a new radiator replaced and fitted in a bedroom and since then the biler is back to the turning off problem. Once again it just would stay on all the time despite the fact that it set on timed selection and time set on in the morning and evening. Wonder if this could be connected to the radioator moving or what could be the cause for this?

You have a sticking microswitch on a motorised valve.
When they drained it they would (should) have opened the valve manually. This may have caused it to start sticking again. Get them back and hit it a kick in the meantime.

thanks. It fixed itself first time. when BG came to servie it it was working fine so I never asked anything thinking that it has been working fine so would stay that way. They also sugested to do a system flush but not sure of they just trying to sell their product.
They didnt replace the radiator, it has been done by a family member. so I mention about the valve to him so maybe he can have a look.

Hi

Did you get a solution? I have a similar problem - for some reason only four of the radiators stay at full blast when the heating is switched off.

Hi

Did you get a solution? I have a similar problem - for some reason only four of the radiators stay at full blast when the heating is switched off.

Well, not really. BG came today, had a look, changed new pump and said everything should be working. I wasnt home so didnt know what happened. Set the timer and it still doesnt work. From previous experience it seems to be fixing itself eventually after switching the boiler off from mains for a while and then turning it back on and re-setting clock and timer.

why not employ and independant plumber and get some service without monthly payments which you can put in a savings account for a new boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Timer on Baxi Solo 2 50PF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back