Currently reading:
Toilet seat problem!! HELP!!

Discuss Toilet seat problem!! HELP!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trisha88

I need help! :confused:
I have bought a new toilet seat to replace a 31 yr old one!
The toilet bolt holes are 7.5 inch apart (centre to centre) and the new seat has a hinge with holes much closer togther rendering it useless. :(

I have 3 options:
1. Buy new seat (I've been looking online for one with adjustable hinges all day...so far nothing that will fit!)
2. Is there a way of putting different hinges on the new toilet so they align with my toilet bolt holes?
3. Worse case scenario I could buy a replacement hinges for my old toilet seat (the bolts and hinges broke into pieces when it was removed) and resuse that...but where can i get them (they use a rod system)?

Anyone want to throw my suggestions my way? I'd be VERY grateful! :D

You can just buy hinges for some w/c's and alot are adjustable
But your best bet is for you to take you seat and hing to a good plumbers merchants,which there are many and I am sure they will be able to match you up

thank you. So far have tried several places and only one has hinges which are 7.5 inch apart....if anyone can recommend a place I'd be grateful
:)

Hi Trisha88

Depending on what area you live in I find City Plumbing Supplies to be very reasonable for sanitary ware. You could also try the Plumbcentre although they may be a little more expensive.

Hope this helps

Steve

You will find that many of the Celmac range will fit older WC pans. I usually fit the Concerto, Sonata or the Calypso seat in this case. Plumb Center do these or can order them in.

If your existing seat is a Celmac seat you can actually buy replacement hinges but for the price of a new seat at under £20 it's not normally worth it.

Last edited:
This link tells you which seat fits which pan!

[DLMURL]http://www.celmac.co.uk/potteryfit.xls[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet seat problem!! HELP!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back