Currently reading:
Towel radiator is too hot

Discuss Towel radiator is too hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

4candles

I have a combi boiler in a downstairs utility room with a toilet with a towel radiator in the room next to it. the 15mm flow and return for the towel rad come straight off the 22mm pipe about 2M from the boiler.

I have a TRV (on the flow) which is set to the lowest setting without it being always off.

and basically the radiator gets too hot... any ideas on how to get it warm \ safe for children?

(without turning the boiler CH temp down?)

Thanks

only way would be to feed it through a trv mixed wit return water as you would underfloor
i am familiar wit this problems as i manage to brand my posteirior last week on our towel rail

Thanks I'll have a look at the mixing valve, the current solution is to put a big bath towel over the whole radiator :)

can you not just turn the boiler stat down a touch? if its a condensing boiler it will be more efficient aswell probably. Just because rads are cooler doesnt mean they wont heat your house to how hot you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel radiator is too hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock