Currently reading:
Twin Wall flue suppliers

Discuss Twin Wall flue suppliers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worcester

Esteemed
Plumber
Just fell off me chair with a quote from specflue for a twin walled flue for a biomass boiler, apparently they only have one make (their most seriously expensive version) with an adapter for this particular boiler

Normally they see us proud, either letting us down or taking the p**s on this one

Who else do you guys use?

selkirk make it locally, sell it to merchants who ship it to central warehouse then back down here where I can then buy it for £100 plus per metre length plus vat. bloody stupid not to allow direct sales locally!!

Well they all had an equal chance - sent them all detailed drawings of site, location, building, and full details of the boiler
Sent or filled in the on-line forms to:
Chimney-Liner | Flue Liners (Gas + Oil) | Chimney (All Fuels) | Connecting Pipes | Chimney Cowls | Flashings | Installation Products | After Care Products | Stoves | Log Baskets | Companion Sets - FlueStore
SELKIRK CHIMNEY UK - Official Website (Deks as in Dektite - if you've worked on commercial projects you'll know them :) )
Flue Liners | Gas Liners | Chimney System | Chimney Packs | Black Pipe | Cowls - Flue-Liner.com
Flue Liners / Pipe, Chimney Flue Lining, Chimney Cowls & Accessories| - FlueSupplies.com
Home page
Wood Burning Stoves - Multi Fuel Stoves - Chimney Systems - Buy Online
Complete Flue Solution | Home

Net result:

Specflue seriously overspecified what was needed and really had no idea on the challenges with their proposed design.

Next up an emailed response from fluesupplies.com, quotation with a bunch of product numbers in it and no descriptions, and a brochure with lots of descriptions and no product numbers!
Next up an emailed responce from fluesytems.com that said "It's on our website" ... duh I went there...

Best response, a company that called before 10am to clarify my needs, asked a couple of important questions, then quickly prepared a fully detailed itemised quote, and emailed installation instructions as well.

Slightly more expensive than fluesupplies.com, though I have a lot more confidence in their understanding of our particular needs (biomass boilers with forced draught) and a fraction of the price from specflue: - the winner (drum roll please :drummer::drummer: )

SELKIRK CHIMNEY UK - Official Website (aka Deks (Home ) as in Dektite - if you've worked on commercial projects you'll know them :) )

Of course the forum software updated my post from links to what the page said, so here they are again (in the same order:)
fluestore.com
selkirkchimney.co.uk (Deks as in Dektite - if you've worked on commercial projects you'll know them :) )
flue-liner.com
fluesupplies.com
ncc-flue.co.uk
fluesystems.com
completefluesolutions.co.uk

I've used Directflues a couple of times recently where Specflue had given a stupid price... They are pretty helpful too if you have to speak to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Twin Wall flue suppliers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock