Currently reading:
Under sink heater pressure

Discuss Under sink heater pressure in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

First time posting here, I'm looking for some advice. Apologies in advance if I ask silly questions.

I'm English but recently moved to Germany. We are living in the house of my girlfriend's late father.
He was something of a dysfunctional alcoholic and the house is full of quirks and nothing works quite as it should do.

In the kitchen there is an under sink water heater. Until recently there was a tap with two separate on/off knobs.
I changed it to a mixer tap but since then water leaks or drips out of the tap. In the paperwork of the tap it says something about a certain amount of dripping being normal but this is crazy excessive.

If I use the tap with cold or hot water then turn it off water continues to come out, often warm water. eventually it will stop but the result is that the hot water is not that hot anymore and we have a baby so I'm worried about that being unhygienic.

I wonder if the pressure coming from the heater is too much and I need to put some sort of valve in there. But I have no idea what it should be and where I would put it. I expect the heater is pretty old and not up to much anyway but I wouldn't want to replace it and still have the same problem.

It is the type of tap with 3 inputs. Normal cold, cold from heater and hot from heater.

I'm really skint and would prefer not to have to pay a plumber.

Many thanks for and advice,

Cheers.

Hi - thanks for posting such a detailed post. I am sure one of our members will be along soon to offer you some advice.

Hope the weather in Germany isn't too bad!

Reply to Under sink heater pressure in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Back