Currently reading:
Vaillant VRT 360f incorrect temperature display

Discuss Vaillant VRT 360f incorrect temperature display in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mmcdono50

I have been in my flat for 18 months, it has a boiler with a Vaillant VRT 360f wireless thermostat. Despite its complexity and the terrible instructions I have more or less got the hang of it.
About a month ago the batteries in the thermostat needed replacing. Everything was fine for the following few weeks but since a week ago the thermostat has been giving wildly inaccurate room temperature readings: generally between 32 and 45C, when it's more like 18-20C.
Of course, the Vaillant instructions have no helpful troubleshooting information on this. I wondered if anyone else had encountered a similar problem. I have just changed the batteries again and reset the whole thing to its factory settings but the temperature readout is still totally wrong.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Although you persevered with this piece of junk for the past 18 months, if it were me i would stand at the back door and drop kick it down the garden.
They are really a terrible design.
If you can afford around £100 buy a honeywell CM927 and take pleasure in what a brilliant easy to work piece of kit it is.

I'll second the honeywell one got it in my house with my vaillant boiler, i stayed clear from the vaillant controls got a rep for not being user-friendly

Thanks for the recommendation Tamz and GQuigley67, hope it won't come to that but if it does will bear that in mind.

You can correct it in the installer menu, set it to analogue too.
Hi again Rossi46, as far as i can work out, you can only adjust the room temperature reading by + or - 3C in the installer menu (by pressing the P button for 10 seconds and then clicking on the dial). I switched to analogue mode as you suggested but not sure what difference that is supposed to make. do you have any other tips for adjusting/correcting the temperature reading? Thanks

Hi again Rossi46, as far as i can work out, you can only adjust the room temperature reading by + or - 3C in the installer menu (by pressing the P button for 10 seconds and then clicking on the dial). I switched to analogue mode as you suggested but not sure what difference that is supposed to make. do you have any other tips for adjusting/correcting the temperature reading? Thanks

Did did you ever manage to resolve this issue. I'm experiencing the same issue , the thermostat is telling me that the room temp is between 27 degrees at times . However I know that it's far colder than this ! The thermostat was working properly for 6 months :)

I've tried using the offset feature but this only gives you a + 3 -3 range .

i noticed that that the receiver on the boiler occasionally flashes a orange and red light, does this mean there's a fault?

really need some help :((((

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant VRT 360f incorrect temperature display in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back