Currently reading:
Vertical radiator feed-return

Discuss Vertical radiator feed-return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I just bought several vertical column hudson reed rads to install in new hot water heating system. I notice that when I screw the vales to the two lower rad ports that I can look straight thru to the other port. I expected there to be a baffle of sorts directing hot water up thru the crumbs and back down thru return port. If no baffle won't hot water simply flow from feed port to return port and not cycle up thru the rad which has to certain lyrics be the path of greater resistance?

The rads also have two ports up to. One with a bleed valve and the other just simply plugged. I wonder if it might not then be a better idea to remove the threaded slug from the upper port and install either my feed or return valve there, forcing water diagonally thru the radiator helping to ensure top-to-bottom, side-to-side coverage of hot water.

Does anyone have any experience with hudson reed rads? Is it normal to design rads without baffles? I hope I am worrying about nothing here and it is normal and these rads will prove worth the $$$ spent.

Thanks in advance for any help, insight, advice or opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vertical radiator feed-return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back