Currently reading:
Who uses a wet vac

Discuss Who uses a wet vac in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coldfeed

Just wondering who uses a wet vac these days. Some of my friends are still connecting mains outlets by hoses for air locks and draining rads with Tupperware lol

Had a job today where had to part drain hot water cylinder that's in cellar of a commercial building no drain off on cold feed and cold feed tucked away in the corner so couldn't even crack the nut. Simply undid the hot outlet shoved some pipe in and sucked out the water until I was below the secondary hot outlet where leak was. At that time I thought how did people survive with out a bloody wet vac!

I use my wet vac all the time, its a corded/cordless Dewalt one doesn't hold much but its a lot easier than not using one, and its heavy enough wouldn't want it to split when full all over the carpets

why would you lug in a wet vac to empty a toilet cistern? bit of hose, syphon into the pan then if it's a syphon change lift off whole and chuck down pan if it's an inlet undo connection with towel round inlet pipe. i can bring a towel and a hose in with my tool bag. buggered if i'm going back second time for a vaccuum cleaner poking round for a plug socket etc.

why would you lug in a wet vac to empty a toilet cistern? bit of hose, syphon into the pan then if it's a syphon change lift off whole and chuck down pan if it's an inlet undo connection with towel round inlet pipe. i can bring a towel and a hose in with my tool bag. buggered if i'm going back second time for a vaccuum cleaner poking round for a plug socket etc.

My cordless Dewalt isn't heavy to carry and I've put a stap off a sports bag on it so I can sling it over my shoulder, one trip into the house with my tools and wet vac, +I stick all my rubbish in it before I leave and then tip it into the bin

Why bring in a tool bag and grotty towels that can potentially mark a carpet?

1 wet vac couple spanners in pocket flush toilet 5 seconds to find socket suck up last inch in cistern job done 10 mins quick 50 .

I dont do plumbing from 1981

1 wet vac couple spanners in pocket flush toilet 5 seconds to find socket suck up last inch in cistern job done 10 mins quick 50 .

:D i still use a bucket and sponge and a little kiddy's ladle

I'd say it looks much more professional as well, compared to faffing around with old towels and sponges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Who uses a wet vac in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back