Currently reading:
Working at heights

Discuss Working at heights in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I know this has been done before but I have tried the search and couldnt find anything.

Quite a while back there was a thread about working at heights which included fixing ladders and harnesses etc.

I have priced a couple of jobs with vertical flues and want to know where I can get the kits from.

If anybody can help it would be much appreciated.

Ummm nothing lol.

I dont do alot of roof work but when I do I carp myself lol. I just want to make my life a little bit safer.

you got ladders, cat ladder etc?

For me if working alone its rawl plug eye bolt into the wall at the bottom and ratchet strap ladder in place or to a unmovable object, good sturdy fence or the likes, (eye bolt can be removed and reused with new plug)

then either strap the top of the ladder to the roof ladder or if not working on the roof but up there for a while eye bolt at the top of the ladder and strap,

have a look at this

[video=vimeo;51637898]https://vimeo.com/51637898[/video]

(something like that ? )

Yeah sorry I have ladders and cat ladders.

I have just been one of those that runs up the ladders and onto the roof then come down shaking like a sh1tting dog. It was just the way I was taught.

For me if working alone its rawl plug eye bolt into the wall at the bottom and ratchet strap ladder in place or to a unmovable object, good sturdy fence or the likes, (eye bolt can be removed and reused with new plug)

then either strap the top of the ladder to the roof ladder or if not working on the roof but up there for a while eye bolt at the top of the ladder and strap,

cant have plug type need the expanding type

Ive always been told to drill the brick not the joint as its a stronger fixing

yep never drill the joint as sometimes the brickys dont fill them all the way

Only when its Friday afternoon and your clipping a waste pipe ;)

naa dont need to clip your ladder unless your going on the roof / very high

I ment drill the joints for the clips on the waste pipe

i get you :D and naa doesnt take 2 seconds with an sds tbh and normally pull out when in joints

I put up a ladder to get onto the roof and a roof padder over the ridge. Then I use my climbing rope and harness and get someone to belay me from the other side of the house. No chance of a fall then. Obviously only works if you have two of you though.

I put up a ladder to get onto the roof and a roof padder over the ridge. Then I use my climbing rope and harness and get someone to belay me from the other side of the house. No chance of a fall then. Obviously only works if you have two of you though.
And if some one knows how to belay, I've only been climbing once and the bloke was teaching me how to belay then his work made him go on night shifts so I didn't go again.

I just get a roofer in, for the cost involved I think its money well spent. No risk of me falling off a roof, and the customer sees a professional roofer turn up and ensure their roof is water tight.

And if some one knows how to belay, I've only been climbing once and the bloke was teaching me how to belay then his work made him go on night shifts so I didn't go again.

this should give you an insight

[video=vimeo;80481246]https://vimeo.com/80481246[/video]

I just get a roofer in, for the cost involved I think its money well spent. No risk of me falling off a roof, and the customer sees a professional roofer turn up and ensure their roof is water tight.

I've tried to get a roofer but nobody gets back to you down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Working at heights in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

W
Replies
Views
wrecked_24_7
W
Back