Currently reading:
Basic question - pex or copper for self build 100 sqm metre

Discuss Basic question - pex or copper for self build 100 sqm metre in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Basic question - pex or copper for self build 100 sqm metre 2 story house.

It Is a budget build but will form part of a larger house for years to come.

Plan to do some basic plumbing myself, no gas or oil just water pipes.

which is a better option and why.

Thank you

Mlcp or copper for me

Mlcp has a 25 year warranty depending on manufacturers but copper is always best depending on your skill level

I'm old school and prefer copper.

I also recommend you get a quote from a professional for the work before going down the DIY route. For a reasonable sized job it may be less than you expect. I don't know about Ireland, but in the UK you'll need a pro to do the interesting stuff (boiler, unvented hot water, etc.) in any event. Also, if you ever plan to get rid of the place 'DIY plumbing throughout' is not a positive selling-point and may impact the value.

I'm old school and prefer copper.

I also recommend you get a quote from a professional for the work before going down the DIY route. For a reasonable sized job it may be less than you expect. I don't know about Ireland, but in the UK you'll need a pro to do the interesting stuff (boiler, unvented hot water, etc.) in any event. Also, if you ever plan to get rid of the place 'DIY plumbing throughout' is not a positive selling-point and may impact the value.
Thanks! Will get the quotes too and plumbing oversight if I go diy on the basics. Good advice thanks!

Reply to Basic question - pex or copper for self build 100 sqm metre in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock