Discuss Close coupled cistern with oval buttons. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shen

How do I get the cistern lid off as we have a leak in the innards and the water is running constantly.

For round buttons the secret seems to be to rotate the sliver ring but this one is oval.

Thanks in advance.

gotta picture ?
with some of them you have to pop a small screwdriver between the buttons to lift em out to get access to a screw underneath

013.jpg

This is the offending item.

there,ll be a clip underneath that button that has to pull out to release it

Tried pulling them up yes and they are firmly attached. Lid will not lift as it is firmly attached too.

push one button in, and you will be able to pop out the other button revealing a retaining screw which in turn will release the lid

By "pop out" do you mean leaver it with a screw driver and is there a clue on the buttons as to which one will pop?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok got the buttons out and this is what is underneath.

No sign of a retaining screw. 015.jpg014.jpg

The centre looks like a hex screw,try putting an alan key into the hex scew and turn gently. Looks likes it will turn and release the centre.

I have a success here and just wanted to say to the contributors many thanks for taking the time and effort to reply.

Shen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Close coupled cistern with oval buttons. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I own an ArmitageShanks fairly compact cistern pictured. Does anyone know the model and make? 1, Is it close-coupled only or can it be converted...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have just joined, after being pushed into some DIY plumbing. Here is my first plumbing DIY effort. I had a cistern lever that...
Replies
Views
Hi all - Our toilet has got very difficult to flush. A couple of very quick goes on the handle will do it sometimes, but not others! So we are...
Replies
Views
W.B Greenstar 4000 installed. Heating not turned on yet as not cold enough here. But the boiler runs every day at 0933 (hear it fire and hear...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a noisy cistern that appears to be leaking into the pan a little but also making a very frustrating water noise from inside, I have...
Replies
Views
Back