Discuss emergency callout to my own gaff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PlumbBobBob

good job I was in. flexi burst on the toilet upstairs it had been in about eight years. from screw you fix not Williams Ray.

~ 2015-11-21 11.06.33.jpg2015-11-21 10.22.33.jpg~~

Attachments

• 2015-11-21 10.22.21.jpg
    2015-11-21 10.22.21.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 194
Hope you received plenty of tea and biccies Stevo......it's only right after an emergency call out...lol regards Turnpin:biggrin:

Just been offered ÂŁ25 to fit new toilet flush but must be done today. Bitter outside so I'll pass that little gem up.

You pay for your sins! :smile: Hate flexis - piece of light rubber hose with a metal support on them - that's all they are really.

i'm actually really pleased it went this morning rather than say Tuesday or Wednesday, we're away to Dubai to see our daughter then :sweatdrop:

I have nothing against people who fit flexis besides, most monobloc taps now come with flexis, but my advice to them is: 'I'ts not whether it's going to eventually split (especially the hot), i'ts when:)

i use flexis all the time where needed, i dont see anything wrong with them if there installed correctly, but if the jobs paying ill always use copper where possible

People love flexis. When theyre new, they may look very technical. Last loo I fitted used a flexi, old tank had copper all the way to the filler. When she saw it she said "uuuh, flexi (thats what she said)". Little did she know, bling comes at a price.

You can slag off flexis but I have known of Two copper tails on mono blocks break

A lot of modern toilets where you have to drop the cistern inside the Wc pan you have no choice but to use a flexi pipe... I would say a flexi is no worse than speed fit...

and steve (mod) did you loose your bender?

A lot of modern toilets where you have to drop the cistern inside the Wc pan you have no choice but to use a flexi pipe... I would say a flexi is no worse than speed fit...

I would personally trust speedfit/hep/polyplumb with a speedfit tap connecter more than I trust a flexi. But I agree theres no getting away from flexis these days with a lot of the toilets and mixer taps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to emergency callout to my own gaff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall...
Replies
Views
Back