Currently reading:
Green Water

Discuss Green Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjdservices

Gas Engineer
Anyone had any experience with this? Went to a customer today, his water comes from a borehole as its a farm. He's tested for ph and algae and all ok. The water is making his wifes hair green!! I have advised him to get the water tested professionally first as something is up. any thoughts?

I'd test for high chlorine and high sodium levels, missus is a hair dresser and recons they are the biggest reason woman's hair goes green!

I would agree that a full water analysis would be a good start. You need to identify the problem before you can devise a strategy to solve it. Flush a tap for 15 minutes then take a sample for analysis. Send it to a public analyst for evaluation as drinking water. If you tell them the problem, you may even get an opinion on what is causing it. The DWI limit for copper in tap water is 2 mg/l but preferably it should be lower. Borehole water is known to be a factor in many copper corrosion cases. You may well find yourself out of your depth in solving it if this is the case as you need both a good knowledge of chemistry and experience in water treatment. I recommend that you get a water treatment company in to survey the system and recommend a suitable treatment. The Water Management Society would be able to point you in the right direction. (The Water Management Society - WMSoc). Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Green Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back