Discuss New Member - Looking for advise to access and remove tap cartridge. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I am a new member and looking for advice to access and remove a tap cartridge from my bath.
I have a dripping bath tap which is driving me crazy. I can't see how to remove the cartridge to replace it and looking for any advice from anyone who has similar taps. I can obviously see the grub screw and remove this without issue but I then can't seem to unscrew or remove anything including the lever and access or remove the tap cartridge. I am worried about using to much force to pull up the lever and damaging or causing a worse leak..
thanks
Paul.

Attachments

• tap2.jpg
    tap2.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 12
  • tap1.jpg
    tap1.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 13
Try spraying some lubricant spray and or pour some boiling water onto it. The handle should come off, after removing the grub screw, probably just stuck with soap scum/limescale.

Reply to New Member - Looking for advise to access and remove tap cartridge. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock