Currently reading:
Plant Room Nearly Finished :D

Discuss Plant Room Nearly Finished :D in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriestyUK

Gas Engineer
Here some pictures of my plant room i've been working on for the last couple of weeks :D Got her up and running the other day all running nicely

Last edited:
looking nice. Not sure about the angle of pipe on the boosted cold water where it comes off though. Surprised they spec'd gas in copper though? Apart from that though mate looks top! ( i have to find these niggly things it's my job lol)

I did think about taking it square so to speak of the booster set but then I had a vision of my boss giving it all "Do you know how much those fittings cost!!!" So took it the more direct route for that bit :( Would of done it in iron but speed took priority on this one. Iron is my speciality :D

This plant room feeds 19 Changing rooms with x2 Toilets x2 Basins x5 Showers some have more plus public areas hmmm heres a drawing of the underfloor heating layout to put a prospective on it

I try to take pride in what I do, i'm only 28 with 12 years experience always open to criticism and opinions always looking to learn, mainly do big jobs like this.

Mapress and Maincor used on this job, not a fan of maincor but was in spec, it works well but sizes and fittings are a head :nono: plus the stuff doesnt stay straight, not good for a pipe fitters eye like mine

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job. And yes those fittings aren't cheap doing an install at the moment using xpress fittings just the house alone has swallowed 10k in tube and fittings plant room starts in two weeks got 2 calorifiers going in 1.4 x 2.4 weighing 970kg each!

One T did red light me on the gun so had to get another one, checked with merchant how much a 66.7mm x 54 centre was whilst booking another one....guess how much lol..... £110 it quickly went in the scrap bag before the boss saw. Out of sight, out of mind. God knows why I got a red light though, looked good but wasnt going to trust it.

Thanks :D 970kg wow guna need some guys with big guns to help you shift them bad boys about :D them xpress fittings aint bad, had a few on this job when the geberit ones wernt in stock. This job had a 9000 litre tank feeding it all, had to put the thing together myself, heart was going a good one when I cracked the valve to fill it.

I did think about taking it square so to speak of the booster set but then I had a vision of my boss giving it all "Do you know how much those fittings cost!!!" So took it the more direct route for that bit :( Would of done it in iron but speed took priority on this one. Iron is my speciality :D

This plant room feeds 19 Changing rooms with x2 Toilets x2 Basins x5 Showers some have more plus public areas hmmm heres a drawing of the underfloor heating layout to put a prospective on it

I try to take pride in what I do, i'm only 28 with 12 years experience always open to criticism and opinions always looking to learn, mainly do big jobs like this.

Nice work
Most these days hate iron ! My old plumber loved it but then if you called him a plumber he got all upset ! Pipe fitter and welder not a plumber ?
Loved him doing my home jobs as when he was on firms time it seemed to take ages at my place job done and dusted !
Funny thing was although all gas safe well I guess corgi back 10 years ago none of them comimssioned their boiler installs they fired it up then a commissioning was carried out by another firm ? None of them seemed to even own a Fga ? Not sure if it is the same these days as seems now everyone is an engineer ?

is the gas valve correct??? gate valve. lever valve drop down to close???otherwise love the work with your delta acv units.

Mapress does encourage cowboys but cowboys can't make it look this pretty or work like this beast :D Gate Valve and lever all installed by gas board, might yellow ochre that gate valve as being blue could throw people off. Gotta label each valve and do a valve chart next..... #FUN

mapress and uponor.
mapress got bad press over here in Northern Ireland due to a very silly mistake at the royal hospital. gate valve is strange to see on gas, always fit lever valves "drop down to close"

It is a 3" supply coming in both gas and water, usually they fit meter outside in a big green box meter housing but this job has been a strange one from day one, ill take some pictures tomorrow of what I did inside, theres some funny things with layout ill show you tomorrow

Last edited:
Yes I remember being told about it
Trying to slide in 6m lengths in when ceiling was in lol lovely and handy
But nice scrap pile for someone lol

Its a normal one in a 28x15 reducer, soldered out of position then pressed, you like it?. I will have a look into them tectite ones, sounds good, you get them in pipe centre?

ah didn't realise it was soldered mate! Yeah looks good. Yeah I get mine from Pipe center or BSS. I do pretty much the exact same work as you - all commercial. I'm doing a school in East London at the moment ben there since July. New remeha boilers in plant room, low loss header Etc, whole new floor of domestics and heating system. All heating is screwed steel and domestics copper Xpress.

ah didn't realise it was soldered mate! Yeah looks good. Yeah I get mine from Pipe center or BSS. I do pretty much the exact same work as you - all commercial. I'm doing a school in East London at the moment ben there since July. New remeha boilers in plant room, low loss header Etc, whole new floor of domestics and heating system. All heating is screwed steel and domestics copper Xpress.

Yeah a soldered one out of position then pressed gets it a bit tighter.

Are they the sectional Remeha's or the Quintas? Installed both, building boilers is fun but not for your back, the quintas are great but a bit awkward to install in a bank if you don't get their pre fab kit flow returns etc to close to the wall flue wants to sit a bit in the wall as well, but remeha's all the way baby, This work all day long :D

the royal was unreal.
all ceiling down, fire seals out, lights out, all pipework above electrical containment so wires out, and they never go in the same. pipework into sealed treatment room out rooms air tightness tests again,painting floors up in places.
its is unreal the main contractors say it will cost 2 or 3 times the build cost to replace all.
and then the boilers.pumps.heat exchangers, chillers, cylinders everything the cost is unreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plant Room Nearly Finished :D in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back