Discuss Water softener related hydraulic shock in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

About 9 months now, started suffering intermittent but frequent hydraulic shock thwacks, sometimes very violent, below Harvey's water softener in mains cold copper pipe. So far, water tank ballcock replaced, kitchen mixer tap replaced, Harvey's serviced the water softener, approx. 5 years old. Nothing has stopped this thwacking noise. It never happens when washing machine / shower / toilet used, nor taps open. Harvey's claimed never to have heard of problem before and charged us even though thwacking stops when softener bypassed. Water pressure coming in is not high in inner London. Would an arrestor solve the problem, and where should it be situated? Any help / advice hugely appreciated. Sara

Reply to Water softener related hydraulic shock in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Noise seems to stop when softener is bypassed, not 100% certain. Noise is intermittent, a thwack/thump we can feel in the inlet pipe. It's only...
Replies
Views
My water stinks. Smells musty. I installed a Whirlpool water softener mid February of this year ('23) and it's smelled ever since. So here's the...
Replies
Views
Hello, as is common with most newbies I've arrived with a problem. Our water softener is about 18 months old, a BWT WS355 in an insulated outside...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
I wanted to start a new more dedicated thread as I am on about 3 just now in one way or another trying to get up to speed with my problem. The...
Replies
Views
Back