Discuss What is the best make of Angled radiator valves in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have 10 radiators with smart TRVs fitted to angled radiator valves - some of these valves are weeping around the plunger shaft - the valves were fitted in 2012 and 8 years seems a short life (I suspect they were cheap!), so I want to replace all 10 valves with better quality valves - but need advice & opinions for which make of valve will give long, reliable life.
Also, does the entire system need to be drained down? (I've seen some YouTube where some nifty work with a wet'n'dry vacuum cleaner negates this). Oh and ideally I need someone to do the job (Marlow, Bucks).

Danfoss, pegular and Drayton are the common domestic decent ones

If you have smart trv heads as mentioned in the first post you will need compatible valves to fit them onto.
Standard trvs I prefer danfoss

Reply to What is the best make of Angled radiator valves in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have recently had this radiator fitted and currently it gets very hot. I would like to turn the radiator temperature down however I'm unsure...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone! I purchased this steam vent valve: Hoffman Steam Air Vent 40, 1/8" Angle Steam Radiator Air Valve 401440. Installed it and the...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
I'm having problems with 1/2" x 15mm lockshield/manual radiator valves that I've bought from one of the major suppliers who mainly sells goods...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock