Discuss What size thread for Immersion Heating Element? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

T

Tony Griffin

Hi, I want to fit an immersion heating element to my hot water tank (water is currently heated by gas). I'd like to buy it before I start draining water from the tank. The plug in the tank has a 1 1/4" nut on a pate approx 3" in diameter, does anybody know what size thread the tank will have?
Are there any elements less than 3KW - I have solar panels so I'd prefer something less than 3KW if possible.

Thanks in advance,
Tony.

Any chance of a picture of the plug ?

Reply to What size thread for Immersion Heating Element? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
Got all my stuff together to finally fit the recirculation pump to my hot water tank, but I can't budge the immersion element. I need this out...
Replies
Views
E
Good evening everyone :), I’ve recently moved into a new flat that is completely electric (It’s got a dual immersion heater) and just had a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My nans hot water recently stopped working which resulted in an extremly over priced plumber coming out and replacing both elements in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Need some newbie advice please... I have an unvented system boiler set up and the boiler has broken down due to pressure loss (engineer...
Replies
Views
Back