Discuss What's the minimum suggested clearance under a radiator? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I've read it's generally around the 150mm mark, but I'm wanting to fit a particular style (see photo) in to a particular space that will only leave 100mm.

I was just wondering if the relatively open structure of this style would give me any latitude in terms of gap between the floor and the bottom of the radiator.

Thanks.

Attachments

• cove-horizontal.jpg
    cove-horizontal.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 15
150 or 100 unlikely to make much difference. Have you checked the rad is suitable in terms of heat output?

Looks 6” but with that type it won’t matter if it’s lifted an extra 2”

Reply to What's the minimum suggested clearance under a radiator? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have a issue with our heating, where the radiators upstairs are roasting hot, yet the radiators downstairs are stone cold . We had a...
Replies
Views
We have had a long term problem with damp in our bungalow which exacerbated when we changed from the use of a system boiler (with pressure only...
Replies
Views
Hi New member here with a general question: My wife and I bought an old house needing a total overhaul. We're undertaking the renovation project...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Evening all, At risk of blabbing on i'll try keep this short. I recently replaced an old vented hot water system with a unvented system We went...
Replies
Views
Back