Discuss What's this valve's purpose in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Allgoode

Gas Engineer
Hi guys,

Prob a very quick one for you seasoned people.

Working in a customers house with old central o/v heating system.

He could not get flow to the upstairs rads or extension rad which was on a drop at the end of the house.

Pump was an old Grundfos selectric which was weak so replaced with a new Grundfos UPS3 15-65 pump which after changing it & valves and cleaning out the F&E tank sorted out issue.

He's had a new bathroom fitted with a new victorian style rad & extended the system upstairs into one of the bedrooms with a K2 rad.

Since then the system struggles to get heat past the first x2 rads upstairs.

I have looked under the floor boards & the pipework seems ok without any nasty iso valves favoured by some tradesmen, all copper end feed jointing.

Whilst scratching my head i explored the rest of the system and found this on the upstairs rtn pipe to the pump.

I'm thinking its a non return valve or similar poss crudded up with the system disturbance & will be removing it on the next visit.

Looking for some confirmation of what it is,

Cheers Guys,

Thanks,

Andy
IMG_20200222_134333 2.jpg

Nrv/anti gravity valve

Reply to What's this valve's purpose in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
Back