Discuss What's up with this boiler - loud chugging noise in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hiya,
Remeha Avanta 24v heat only boiler has started making this loud chugging noise. Initially started it on just water, but now does it on heating as well. Switch it off wait a few mins, start it up and it's OK again for either a few mins or a few hours. Sent my plumber this video and he thought it was scale explosions, but to me it sounds like something is struggling to rotate. Suggested possibly the pump which is separate from the boiler, or the motorised valve?
Tried adding Sentinel x200 a couple of weeks ago - made no difference

Video:

Sounds like it’s overheating so yes pump or low water ?

Reply to What's up with this boiler - loud chugging noise in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our boiler has started making a noise on start up and when it kicks in and out engineer says it’s an ignition coil bracket and nothing to worry...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off...
Replies
Views
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs...
Replies
Views
Back