Currently reading:
ADVICE for young plumber required please staffs/midlands

Discuss ADVICE for young plumber required please staffs/midlands in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

hi all,
posting on behalf of my son need advice:
he is 17 years old has just finished his level 2 diploma in plumbing,been shadowing a local plumber 2 days per week un paid since leaving school,wants to become a fully qualified plumbing/heating engineer due to start level 3 which will now be called T level in september, apprenticeships round here are like hens teeth,the plumber he is working with is retiring,what is the best way forward to achieve his goal? we understand he needs to build up a portfolio for gas and NVQ level 2 but there is no one giving him a chance,he can provide glowing references from school/college/and the plumber he has been working with,is there anywhere he can do his NVQ level 2 in plumbing where they provide work placements? and these new T levels are they a waste of time? is their anyone who can offer a good young un an apprenticeship or work experience in staffs/the midlands? he has a car and his driving test is coming up in november 24 if not earlier,any advice really appreciated thankyou

Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting on his behalf. I've moved this thread to the plumbing courses forum where it should get more traction. I myself aren't a plumber so can't help there.

You're from Stafford not far from me (Newcastle Under Lyme). My friend David owns www.TradeTeacher.co.uk. Construction Skills College Limited in Burslem, Stoke on Trent. Please checkout their website and give them a call and say Dan from the forum has sent you as you yourself are another local and explain your situation.

But I will follow this thread too and keep checking back. I'd like to think we can help this type of member in general so let us see hey

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

Similar plumbing topics

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock