Currently reading:
Mitering tiles and which epoxy

Discuss Mitering tiles and which epoxy in the Tiling Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Mitering tiles and which epoxy

A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour

I'll be working with some pinkish matt porcelain tiles where the core is the same colour as the glaze, I've found the perfect ratio of two Kerakoll grouts to match the tile colour for grouting to try and have the grout lines disappear (if anyone cares, 3x warm white to each 1x venetian red). However my experience with mitering is limited to just getting nice cuts. I've never installed them at eye level where they'd stick out like a sore thumb if glued badly. I'd appreciate any advice on this front.

The main question I have is about matching the colour; could I mix epoxy resin with grout to achieve the perfect colour? Or, what product would you recommend?

And also, would it be better to cut them sharp, epoxy, and then use a diamond hand pad to sand back once assembled? Or should I give them a 2mm bevel first and then epoxy?

Cheers guys

Mitering tiles and which epoxy for more information

You may reply to this message here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock