Currently reading:
Pura shower head - too much weight for a tiny thread

Discuss Pura shower head - too much weight for a tiny thread in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

S

Stu Thomson

Hi there,

Hopefully someone will be able to help me…..

I have what I believe is a pura shower arm which has recent started leaking from the fitting which is really no wonder when you compare the weight of the shower arm (let alone the additional weight of the shower head) to the tiny female thread within the arm- please see photos.

I am looking to obviously stop the leak but when screwing the arm to the brass fitting it does not tighten up sufficiently as it over threads.

I have tried to pack out the square chrome backing plate (to get the threads to bite) but by doing this it is not sealing against the o ring on the brass fitting.

Looking online all of the replacement shower arms have a substantial male thread which would no doubt tighten up and be sufficient to hold the weight of the arm/head. I cannot find a replacement one like I have but with a thicker thread (so it doesn’t over thread).

As per the photo the brass fitting is behind tiles. There is a hex end to it but it doesn’t not appear to be separate to the main ‘golden’ brass part.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as to what I can do.

Many thanks

Stu

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock