Questions and plumbing advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum - .

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Forum Prefix Filter

Water Heater Screaming Sound on Cold Water Line Spring Check Valve Have this water heater for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My toilet flushes ok when the long flush button is pressed - but water continues to flow into...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor...
Replies
Views
I've had a burst pipe under bathroom floor. Ive had it dug up and made safe with the affected...
Replies
Views
Hi I moved into a property where the pressure is slightly low and they have this super duper...
Replies
Views
  • Question
In my loft I have a circular 50-gallon cold water header tank which had a lash-up of...
Replies
Views
A few months ago I wanted to connect a 1000l water butt (fabricated from galv steel) to our...
Replies
Views
Morning, Moved house a few months ago and first issue is having a slight leak on tap in kitchen...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
B
My toilet was slow flushing. I did some research and discovered it needed a new diaphragm...
Replies
Views
I just bought an older home and there is no water line run for the water/ice on my existing...
Replies
Views
Hi All I hope you are doing well. I have this water tank for hot water heated by a Baxi boiler...
Replies
Views
Good morning I installed a Harvey’s water softener recently. Have a semi detached property...
Replies
Views
Hello I am desperate for some help. Basically we are having our bathroom renovated. The plumber...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Just moved into a house and I was going to install a new shower. I went to turn off the water on...
Replies
Views
Hi- In an apartment and the attached picture is what I have. I am looking to install a magnetic...
Replies
Views
Noise seems to stop when softener is bypassed, not 100% certain. Noise is intermittent, a...
Replies
Views
Hi People, So, I'm looking to fit a new Monarch Midi HE water softener, upstairs bathroom...
Replies
Views
I fitting a new Mira shower in a slightly different position in the bathroom. It’s going to be...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm really needing some advice please. I'm trying to connect an instant hot water tap, but...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, sorry if this is a daft question but ever since we've had our hotpoint washing machine...
Replies
Views
About to install a new Mira Platinum on a gravity fed system. The Installation Manual shows the...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone! I purchased this steam vent valve: Hoffman Steam Air Vent 40, 1/8" Angle Steam...
Replies
Views
Have a recently installed Vitodens 100-W, within the last week, & hot water has been...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Our HV3 is about 7.5 years old and has just stopped regenerating. Do any of you good people...
Replies
Views
NeilSJ
N
  • Question
Hi, the water from my shower does not not trigger my boiler to turn on and heat the water most...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi Everyone, (not sure if my last post worked so apologies if this is a duplicate). I have an...
Replies
Views
P
Is there such a thing as a 45mm waste water pipe diverter please? Looking to split a 45mm waste...
Replies
Views
Hello, I had the hot water tank replaced yesterday as the old one had split. The new...
Replies
Views
Hi, seeking some advice on a Rayburn and control of hot water. Leaving out a very long story...
Replies
Views
We recently, about 2 days ago, started getting water hammer from using the washing machine, this...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello all, I have an upstairs bathroom with a Triton electric shower that reduces to a freezing...
Replies
Views
I have a draft Idea to connect water level control valve in series with ram pump . This setup...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I was hoping someone can guide me to install the RHS42 water softener. I am...
Replies
Views
Hi, I took off the aerator on my bathroom sink. When I put it back on, it caused problems. When...
Replies
Views
Every time I use a stop end when I turn the water back on I think to my self that’s going to pop...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My house is about 28 years old so some things are starting to fail with age. I changed...
Replies
Views
Woke this morning to no hot water but heating was working fine. Checked the forums and checked...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have a ideal logic combi boiler what valve turns my hot water off?
Replies
Views
Hello folks. I have just changed the kitchen tap and now there's no hot water in the kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Would really appreciate some help please. Had this problem for a few weeks now and it...
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
I want to replace my tank water heater with a tankless one. I live alone. Is it really more...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm currently in Ireland and in a small cottage where the plumbing system has me...
Replies
Views
Hi, My dad and I have used all day to connect a external water tank to our Viessmann Vitodens...
Replies
Views
I'm looking to replace my water supply. I will be digging the trench on my side myself. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. Minor issue I'd like to try and adjust before I call a plumber back out. I have...
Replies
Views
Plumbing/water heater- spots recently on ceiling downstairs, 2 story house. Condensation??? New...
Replies
Views
One of my daughters has been persuaded that she needs one of these instant hot water taps when...
Replies
Views
Hello. Decided to clean sediment from my cold water storage tank(just sediment nothing else is...
Replies
Views
My central heating was installed in 1978. Over the years only two boilers have been used...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Post a New Thread / Question
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock