Discuss Calculating pipe centres in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar to radiator dT's, is there a way to mathematically calculate the UFH pipe centres required to satisfy a given room's heat demands?

150mm-250mm centres are banded about online, with no real explanation, obviously smaller centres allow for lower water temps, but there must be a more scientific way on deciding the centres for a given scenario?

Tbh you can work it out eg via cibse ufh guide or via a paid software but I normally go 100mm centres and work out the flow rate etc eg 1kw needs 2.04 lpm

Reply to Calculating pipe centres in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to read this. I've been trying to diagnose why my gas consumption is so high and been doing various...
Replies
Views
Having just moved into a property and discovering the central heating not functioning, after 3 months we eventually was able to get the property...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've looked through old threads on similar questions, however i was hoping for advice regarding our house project. When i've read threads...
Replies
Views
Vented system, Worcester Bosch 30CDi, NEST control. Radiators not getting hot, or takes hours. Wanted to ask if below is a good indicator of a...
Replies
Views
David Goodwin
D
Back