Discuss Can Access Training be trusted for an NVQ level 2 plumbing qualification? in the Plumbing Courses and Training area at PlumbersForums.net

Over the summer I completed a level 2 diploma in plumbing (City and Guilds 6035) with Able Skills and am now looking to complete the NVQ level 2. Access training are offering an assessment package for £1500, which is competitive, but I am now nervous given the reviews I have seen on here. I am not looking for them to provide an employer for me to complete the portfolio with, as I already have a small business set up and have been doing small maintenance jobs locally for the last couple of months, just looking for them to support me with the assessments and maybe a bit of guidance on how to fill in the paperwork. I'm also doing 1 day a week of work experience with a local plumbing firm so I'm learning alongside more experienced plumbers.
What are people's thoughts? Can Access Training be trusted with this or should I be speaking to local collages?
Just a bit of background, I've always been practically minded and have been restoring houses in my spare time for a number of years alongside a career in process engineering (Piping and network design, heat calcs etc) and project management. Having been made redundant during the pandemic I decided to make a lifestyle change and formally train in plumbing.

Reply to Can Access Training be trusted for an NVQ level 2 plumbing qualification? in the Plumbing Courses and Training area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just completed my NVQ 2 qualification but need to gain experience. I have messaged companies etc, but no reply from them. Is there any...
Replies
Views
I want to start working on the gas side of plumbing and heating. I am a sole trader working with plumbing and heating and have the NVQ level 2.I...
Replies
Views
Evening folks. Please excuse me if this question has been asked but……. I have currently just finished my lever 2 diploma in plumbing. I was...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I'm about to progress from Level 2 C&G to Level 3 (starting in September): I'd always thought i would do the Level 3 Gas, as this was...
Replies
Views
Hello i have completed my level 2 plumbing course and looking for experience to gain in London i will work less or free just for the skill in plumbing
Replies
Views
Back