Currently reading:
Internal soil pipe leaking at join

Discuss Internal soil pipe leaking at join in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all ,

Have a slight weeping leak on the underside of where soil pipe meets the tee join (seems like a little gap), at bottom ,after toilet upstairs is flushed ,highlighted area is in yellow leaking.

Hard to remove it seems tight , can I just get away with putting some ct1, fernox lsx or polypipe gap filling cement around gap at bottom of the join around where tee meets soil pipe as a permanent fix?

And if so what one would be best to use ?

Thanks.in advance for any help :)

Attachments

• 20230111_221255.jpg
    20230111_221255.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20230111_221251.jpg
    20230111_221251.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 23
Hi cjg, thanks for response , would the solvent weld make it watertight? I thought that was just for gluing the pipes together ?

Would I be better with something like LSX joint compound or CT1,pipe gap filler cement?

Thank you 👍

yes sorry i was just talking to some one about solvent weld, and on hear at the same time ooooops!!!!
what a sillly boy i am ,,, yes plumbers gold or sim should do the job...

Reply to Internal soil pipe leaking at join in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock