Discuss Non return valve failure? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

All was good until one day the hot water suddenly started running quite a lot cooler. Putting my hand on the output at the boiler it's still hot there so I'm guessing there's a problem with cold water feeding into the hot water somewhere along the line. I have mixer taps on two bathroom sinks and in the kitchen, plus a shower with a mixer.

I'm guessing that it's one of these that's at fault.

Here's my question – is what's happening that the cold is getting into the hot line even though the tap itself is closed? Mixing through the mixer? And if the answer is yes, what is the best way of working out where the problem is coming from?

Thanking you experts in advance

Steve

Will be the shower normally easy to test if it’s a bar mixer

Reply to Non return valve failure? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
I have a Bristan Manhattan mixer tap in the kitchen. Five years ago, it started to drip. I replaced the valve in the cold water side and the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a few mixer taps to install in bathrooms and kitchen. The kitchen tap also has a wondering spray arm capability. On researching...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
Back