Currently reading:
Tap head fallen off HELP!

Discuss Tap head fallen off HELP! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Garyn666

As you can tell I am definately not a plmber! just a normal guy in need of some help.
The head of my hot tap on my bath ( two taps mixer) has fallen off. I cant get it to fix back firmly enough to turn the water on and off properly. The spindal attached to the base of the unit still looks as if its ridges are ok but the tap head will not fix firmly to it.
I am now in a position where I am struggling to turn it off. HELP!!
Is there a quick fix until I can get the taps replaced?

pliers will turn the tap off

how did it fall off?

basically there is a spline on the valve which has the ridges and the handle fits over this and is secured by a screw

if the spline has now worn then you can try the manufacturer for a new valve and/or handle

If you dont know the manufacturer then im afraid new tap

Thanks for info, but is there anything I can do for the next couple of days until I can get to a supplier for a new tap?

well you could super glue it on if you really wanted as you dont need to take the tap heads off to replace the complete tap

or does as my friend was doing for the best part of a year and have a pair of pliers next to the tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap head fallen off HELP! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock