Discuss Zone valve Flow Direction may be incorrect - Advice required in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, first time plumber and poster here.
I've installed two new zone valves and replicated the direction inwhich the original valves were installed. I'm really confused now as I think the originals may have been installed the wrong way round.
The Grundfos pumps' arrow is pointing down whereas my new valves arrows are pointing up. The original valves were installed with B at the top and A at the bottom so flowing A to B.
Have I installed my valves the wrong way round? Were the originals installed the wrong way round? What do I need to do please?

The photos below show first the original Tower valves and their orientation demonstrated post removal.
The pump orientation arrow pointing down.
Then lastly the new valves with their orientation.
Original Tower Valves
02_compressed.jpg
03_compressed.jpg
04_compressed.jpg
05_compressed.jpg
06_compressed.jpg
07_compressed.jpg

If the pump arrow points downwards, the it’s likely that’s where the route of flow takes place and you have installed your valves the wrong way. They’ll work, but, when satisfied and they spring return, the valve can make an awful clunking sound.

Reply to Zone valve Flow Direction may be incorrect - Advice required in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a CH circuit on a 2 way zone valve. It’s a long circuit with 15 rads on it but rather than shutting down the last 5 rads in the circuit...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am using mu UFH for the first time and it doesn’t seems to get the whole floor warm enough let alone the room. (Intalled May 2022). First...
Replies
Views
Hi, Seems like both my upstairs and downstairs HPA2 zone valves are on the blink. Every other day one of them doesn't switch off at the thermostat...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
There's power going to the valve head but the motor won't activate to turn the spindle to open the valve. The manual override will not activate...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock